Friday, May 21, 2010

What I've Learned: Find What You Love

Ok, an advice post for all you losing with lovers followers.

Here's what I've learned this week:
Find what you love, and eat it.

No one hates all healthy foods.  I love a lot of healthy foods but I've ben off target with how I'm eating.  I find that cheese and salty things are quick to prepare and delicious....

Where as, smashing avocados, or steaming artichokes... it's harder.  It requires though and more preparation.... and sometimes we just forget that those things that are great for us, just even exist.  Instead we think about deep fried foods and chips and... well, I better stop before I drool on the keyboard.

For me, I found artichokes this week.  I love them!  I also love mushrooms, and today I had some on the verge of dying so I sauted them up and had them for lunch.  It was delicious.  Not a normal lunch... but delicious.

So, what healthy food do you love, that you forget about in lieu of things that aren't quite as healthy?

This isn't to say that we can't have our deep fried items every now and then too... but remembering the foods you like AND are good for you is a great way to not feel deprived and still lose!

1 comment:

Lara Neves said...

Good advice.

I love asparagus. LOVE it. So, I've been buying it more often and making sure to cook it for lunch a few times a week. Makes me happy, and healthy too! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails