Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ballet

I am still on my plan.
Frankly, I'm not planning on great results as my goal this year is to get STRONG.  I'm doing workouts that really challenge me.  I have been VERY sore the past couple of weeks, because of this, and I am well aware that I don't lose when I'm sore.

I'm just going to keep calorie counting and sticking to the plan.  The plan makes good sense and it will work.

I also need to be very mindful of my weekend eating.  I really do.  Something else to work on.

My workout plan has been a firm video on Mondays and Fridays (the same video) and another video on Wednesdays as I need something to break-up the monotony of the firm (I love it when they say "Isn't this FUN!?"  You know things aren't fun when you have to say stuff like that).  Also, with how sore I've been I've stayed that way about 4 days after the workout so something else in the middle has been good.  I think doing the same video on Monday and then on Friday has been great because I'm noticing I'm better at it on Friday.  The firm videos are a lot like the aerobics class you hated in college as they have a lot of different moves and go quickly from one workout to the next.  Hence, a repeat makes you feel a little more sure of what you're doing.

Today, it being Wednesday, I did the NYC Ballet workout.  Oh, wow.  New muscles being used.  I do really like feeling like I'm a ballerina.  I love to watch ballet (so does Paige) and I love to feel graceful.  Hopefully some of the moves in this video will assist in that.  But I'm pretty sure I'll be sore tomorrow.

How are your new years resolutions coming?  What do you want to be?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails