Monday, May 17, 2010

Hilary's Monday Weigh-In

Yay!  More people are writing on the blog! Way to go ladies!



This week I am down 0.8.  I was really happy with it as I have had some sort of respiratory thing for about a month now and last week I just gave-up on cardio. I did 2 yoga sessions and a day of wii fit and that was all.  I did stick to my points pretty well, though, because I was too tired to get-up and eat.

It is causing a mental shift in me though.  I've been doing HARD workouts.  600 calories in 1/2 an hour is a serious workout and I feel SO "done" after them.  I'm not enjoying them and I don't feel energized (and part of that could have been being sick).  Do you work out when you were sick?  I was never sick enough to really take a "sick day" (as if we get those) but it was a perpetual state of tiredness and just trying to get the gumption to keep going.

So, I'm taking it a bit easier, I'm doing a bit more toning than cardio.  This morning I did a 427 calorie workout (on your shape), which is still quite subtatial and I still felt very much like I had worked out, but I wasn't at death's door.  I have some friends who are doing Jillian's 30 day shred together, every day for the month (with only Sundays off).  I said no way.  I hate those workouts and I feel so tired after I do them.

I think the thing is that I'm in this for the long haul.  There isn't a part of me that needs toning, the WHOLE part of me needs toning, and if that's the case I need to do workouts that will provide for the whole of me.

Does that make sense?

In other news, I am officially down to a size 16.  I was somewhere in the neighborhood of a 18/20 when I started.  I'm really happy about that.  I actually fit in most shirts at a medium, except for my arms sometimes, who knew I had meaty arms?  Well, with time hopefully I won't. :)

1 comment:

Rush said...

Good job! I'm always tired after my workouts too, or at least my legs are. It's like it takes so much effort just to walk around the house, or be in the kitchen, that my legs really want me to be at the computer instead. :) I think I've given up hope on getting my arms back to skinny again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails