Well, word, she's still annoying, but in DVD format. :)
Total video time: Up to 50 minutes, at the MAX. You can do less in 10 minute increments (explained more below)
Intensity: Moderate to high, if you follow her.
Total Calories burned according to cardio trainer (my phone app) 539, I think that's a little high. I'm guessing it's more in the 400 range (they need a moderately high category, they only have low, moderate and high for intensity)
Weights * Not utilized at all in this workout, it's only cardio.
Cardio ***** Great Cardio!
Sweaty ** --Meh... not too sweaty, not really "clean" either...
Annoyance *********** --Hello, it's Denise Austin. She's so darn perky, and let's remember people this is 5:45 I'm doing her at.
So, there are 4 possible workouts, along with a 5 minute warm-up and a 5 minute cool down.
You can choose between
- Retro Aerobics -- I actually really liked this one. It reminded me a lot of the old hooked on aerobics ala KBYU back in the day. I did this first and it got me going.
- Kickboxing -- I chose not to do this one today, my arms are just barely getting over my golds gym workout from Monday
- Intervals -- This is the toughie. If I hadn't done this one I would've called it a moderate workout, but this one has a lot of plyometrics and fast moves. It gets your heart rate up!
- Cardio Dance - Meh. The dance moves are bad, I got tired of her saying, "just enjoy yourself." Not a fan.
BUT, I LOVE old school aerobics, the freddy, the pony. Those move are just, well... she-ZAM. Anyway, that workout was pretty fun.
There is the option of taking out her voice, but sadly I need help with cuing etc.
Anyway, it's a fun workout, I like how it's varied and you can make it as long or as short as you want. I also like how you can set your routine at the beginning so you don't have to keep going back to the menu. I'd give it 3 stars out of 5. I wasn't in LOVE with it, I won't be buying it but it was fun for today, I'll probably keep it on Monday and do the kickboxing routine, most likely skipping the cardio dance.
Here's a video ala youtube for your viewing pleasure. :)
2 comments:
I use her fat blaster video...I think they are 12 minute segments...when I don't want to really spend the time working out but need something.
But I've been using Jillians 30 day shred...20 minute videos and I'm dying!
You gotta love the dvd's. You can work out in your pj's and it saves a ton of money.
Found you on MMB.
She is annoying! HAHAH! But it's true, the increment thing is kind of handy.:)
Post a Comment