Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Snack of the Day and Giveway Winners

Thank you to all who entered the giveaway! With a quick visit to random.org the randomly selected winners are: Alyssa and Simply, Sarah! Congrats ladies! Email me your address and I'll get your snack kits sent out.

Today's Snack of the Day comes to us from a company called Food Should Taste Good, and I totally agree! Food should taste good! That's why I'm happy to introduce these good tasting treats, their All Natural Sweet Potato Chips.



It seems like sweet potatoes are sweeping the health food nation right now. Lots of people are swapping mashed potatoes with mashed sweet potatoes, there are sweet potato french fries all over the place, and now sweet potato chips. The base of these chips is stone ground corn. Add in some yummy sweet potato and a dash of sea salt (plus a few other ingredients) and you've got yourself a deliciously snack.

Overall Taste: This is for all those people who love that crunchy, salty snack. The sea salt keeps the sodium levels down while still giving it a great salty kick. The chip is nice and thick making for a great crunch when you eat it.

Healthy Score: I'm torn on this one. On a scale of 1-5 I would give these chips a 3. They have a moderate amount of sodium and fat but are also a good source of fiber and protein. Still, I wish the fat or sodium content were just a touch lower.

WW: These are definitely not an everyday snack for me since they come in at a hefty 5points for a 1.5 oz. bag (about 18 chips). Still, a better alternative than some tortilla/corn chips out there.

What's your favorite snack this week?

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Mmm, those sound good! I made sweet potatoes as mashed potatoes a few weeks ago.
M.M.good.

Rachel said...

I like these chips because they do use REAL ingredients (in my book a step above 'natural potato ingredients' of PopChips) - even if the ingredients are not what we wish(for a chip a lot of sugar in some and soy flour). I was looking at these last week at Sprouts and they are the only chips I have ever seen where the flavored ones (that I saw) did not have some form of msg (The other ones say they don't have msg, but they really just mean they don't have monosodium glutamate - the msg is hidden under other names). I will happily take the sugar over the msg! I had them somewhere and liked them. Real ingredients, good crunch and very tasty.

Lara Neves said...

Have you tried the sweet potato chips by Terra? They have completely natural ingredients, and are made totally from sweet potatoes. I don't know how they stack up on the WW meter, but I love them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails