I went up about .4 pounds, I think.
Also, I'm sick. I have had this chest cold for... i dunno, like a month. But it's worse now.
ANYWAY, here's what I'm really gonna focus on.
1. I don't love how high my fat calorie points were. It wasn't like I was eating a lot of healthy fats either. I want to try and decrease that. I think I want to calorie count every now and then. But I'm tkain' this week off.
2. No popcorn this week. My favorite snack is to sit on the couch with a big bowl of buttered popcorn. I was only putting a tablespoon of butter on it but it's just no good. It wastes time and it is fairly calorie heavy. I have tried the 100 calorie bags, but maybe I need to try them again. I'm a salty foods gal.
3. More water, especially on the days when I work out. I had a 600 calorie workout this AM. That's a lot of calories... and I'm often sore the next day and I gain weight most every time I workout. I'm going to approach this in a couple of ways:
- Drink 8 glasses of water on my high intensity workout days
- Have a fruit/vegetable snack in the early morning (esp. on workout days). Preferably one with some fiber and water.
- I don't think I'll eat my workout points. Unless I'm crazy hungry and then I hope to fill it with the fruit/veggie snacks. I went to Trader Joe's today and filled up the crisper drawers.
Anyway. It's easy to think SCREW. IT. I'm done, it's not working. I'm trying not to think that. I am trying to think of it the same way I think of our budget. Each month is a fresh clean slate where I can stay on budget and not over-spend. Sure I make mistakes every now and then but it keeps us on track.
Really, tell me I'm right here ladies....
1 comment:
I am thinking that immediate results don't happen. I think there is a week time delay.
The two cheetoes that I ate with lunch today are not going to metabolize and turn into cottage cheese on my thighs this evening.
Keep up your diligence and over time, this 401K of healtyness that you have been paying into will mature and real POSITIVE results will be evident. Maybe this is still residual Disneyland food (even though I am still totally impressed that you didn't eat anything from their vendors).
If anything else, you can know that you are keeping the rest of us motivated by letting it all hang out on your blog here.
Post a Comment