Monday, April 26, 2010

The Calorie Dillemma

Last week I did calorie counting along with counting my points.  I joined sparkpeople, and I really like their calorie counter.  I ate my points every day, on Friday I did eat a few extra points... I think it was 6 extra points.  Below you'll see my sparkpeople listing of what I ate:



Basically it boils down to the fact that I'm eating just under 1300 calories for the days that I'm following the plan.  Which is fine, if the plan is working.  Which... it is.  I think. :) 

I was torn if this is too low, as Spark people says I should be eating 1300-1700/day.  I wonder if I should eat my activity points.

BUT, I didn't track yesterday, we went out to eat and I used up most of my extra points that day.  So, I think it boils down to a fine amount of intake for the week.

However, I eat too much fat.  I don't eat very many carbs, which I think means that I could stand a vegetable or fruit more.  I also don't eat a ton of "free" food on weight watchers (aka, vegetables).  I am going to figure out ways to remember to snack on fruit instead of... um.... buttered popcorn (my FAVORITE).  But I am a girl who likes cheese and salt.  I know I'm not going to live on a diet that restricts those two too heavily.  I can take limits, but only so much.

Slow and steady wins the race, right (btw, doing both counting was really painful.  It probably took a half an hour each day... but it was worth it for the week.  I am now going to be counting points on a little app I found for my phone, since my WW subscription is over).  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails