Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sketchers Shape Ups

I bought these shoes a couple of weeks ago (with a sweet coupon at Kohls).  I am really in the market for great shoes that will help walking work right for me.  While looking on Zappos I found SO many amazing reviews for these shoes, and then just when I was listening on message boards, etc, people LOVED them.

So, I thought I'd get some.  I did NOT get them thinking it was going to firm my booty.  I want great shoes, that's all.

So, what do I think?

  • First off, they do look insanely ugly when you pull them out of the package -- but look at them here... not too bad, eh?  I think they fix it by darkening the soles and not making it SO obvious that you're walking on a giant wedge of a heel.
  • They feel SO great.  Really, SO great.  I don't wear my inserts (I have plantar Faschitis) and I leave them on all day they're so comfy!
  • I think it is doing something for the back of my legs and my posture.  Standing in the middle of your foot instead of your heel makes me stand a little taller, and that can only be great, right?
  • I am planning some serious walking in the weeks to come and these will be the shoes I'm wearing.  No pain with walking, just comfort.  Very happy.
The main con is the price.  I got them for 70 with a coupon at Kohls, but they usually run 100.  I bet if you search around on the web, like at shoebuy you might be able to fin da pair of Sketchers Shape-Ups that you like too.

1 comment:

Lara Neves said...

I really want some of these. But I'm going to have to wait until I've got the moolah, and that's not till around August. But I'm glad you love them! I think they're pretty cute on...my friend has a pair, and she really likes them, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails