Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday Weigh-In/Monthly Weigh-in

Drew and I do our weigh-ins the first Sunday of each month. 


Hilary has lost just about 11 pounds (in total, since the beginning of the year), her BMI has gone down 1.6 points and she's lost 2.25 inches off her waist.  In other news she lost almost TWO INCHES off her hips last month.  Waist went down half an inch and thighs by 1 inch, bringing her monthly inch loss to 3.25 inches, 12 since we started measuring.  Yay!  Hilary lost 4 pounds just this month

Drew has lost just about 13 pounds, his BMI has gone down 1.8 points and he's lost 3.5 inches on his waist.  Drew lost a little over 3 pounds just this month!  Way to go Drew!

It's all very exciting, but I was hoping for more of a loss from my waist.  I've been working it every other day with my Core Firing Sequence.  However, I was alternating between working out one day, doing that the next and I felt like maybe I was working my abs a little too much, not giving them a break on the days off.

SO, my workout plan will go like this:

Monday:  Your Shape/CFS (core firing sequence)
Tuesday: 15-30 minute walk/cardio if raining, etc.(I mean to get my heart rate up a bit, but make it light and easy on my body)
Wednesday:  DVD from my large library + CFS
Thursday: 15-30 minute walk/cardio
Friday:  Wii fit, along with bursts of cardio in between +CFS
Saturday and Sunday OFF (although I may try and talk Drew into some Just Dance on the wii -- I love that game, he hates it)

Part of me wonders if I didn't lose more inches because I'm not doing Your Shape daily.  I do think, that much like a personal trainer she works you in ways that will decrease your size.  However, it does get really old, and it takes time to set-up the lighting, change into an outfit that she can "see" me in.

We'll see how it goes this month, and I will adjust as needed next month.  Of course, eating will continue with Weight Watchers.  My online subscription will be up at the end of the month.  I may end-up continuing just because it is a nice way to keep track of it all and I will admit that the weekly weigh-ins are a slight amount of motivation.

It's happening though, slowly and healthily -- but it is happening. :)

1 comment:

Simply, Sarah said...

You are all doing fabulous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails