Friday, March 4, 2011

Workout Du Jour: 10 five minute toners -- the one where Hilary's Arms Fall Off

Denise Austin: Hit the Spot - 10 Five Minute Target TonersI got Hit the Spot from Netflix.  The really sad news, I have recently decided that 3 and 5 pound weights aren't enough, so I decided to switch to 8 pounders.

Holy guacamole, what a difference 3 pounds can make when you're doing it over, and over, and over...

Anyway... here's the lowdown.

Total video time: Anywhere from 5 minutes to 60 minutes.  The video is set-up so that you can pick what you want to do.
Intensity: High for a toning-only program.  There is no cardio so the heart rate didn't get too high, but the weight part is a LOT.  You will feel the burn.
Total Calories burned according to cardio trainer (my phone app) 345
•Weights ***** Since this is all weights (or using your body weight as weights) she does a GREAT job at weights.  Really, you'll tone right up. :)
•Cardio *  It does get your heart rate up because she does the exercises at a pretty good tempo, but this isn't cardio ladies.
•Sweaty **  I was more burning then wet.

•Annoyance *** She seems less annoying than usual.  Could've just been me though.

So, this vide is great if you want to target spots for a short period of time.  Like, if you had a pre-designed cardio program and you'd like to tone a bit in the evenings too... this would be a great choice.

BUT, I know that cardio is my demon.  I know it's how I will lose weight.  This would be great to tack on to the end of my regular cardio but as a stand alone system... not so much.

It's headed back to netflix.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails