Wednesday, August 4, 2010

W's of Weight Loss:When

One word answer, late.

I actually don't eat much during the day.  I'm fine with a small breakfast and a small lunch.  I often will eat less then 10 points during the day, without feeling hungry.  Then comes dinner....

I'm so distracted during the meal... I tend to just keep serving it to myself because my kids are insane.  I have found a way to stop myself -- leave the table.  Of course, that leaves Drew alone to defend himself, and he does a great job at it.  I am really trying to just serve myself the portion I have allotted myself and leave it at that.

The Ultimate Ice Cream Book: Over 500 Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas, Drinks, And MoreOf course, that doesn't stop me when I'm alone at night (which happens frequently).  Yumi yogurt and popcorn help a lot in this area, and I try to always leave myself 1-5 points to have after dinner.  I would LIKE to only have 1-2 points after dinner, as I find that the more I eat late, the less I lose...

Some of you might be saying, "STOP, DON'T EAT AFTER DINNER, OPRAH SAYS NOT TO."

And I was of that same frame of mind.

Until I got pregnant.  I tend to be what some people would term hypoglycemic, although everyone is hypoglycemic, I am the kind that when I take the 3 hour glucose, my last blood sugar could put me in a grave.  It was like 34 this time, coma range...

SO, the dietician (when I was pregnant with P, they put me on a glucose intolerant diet -- it's the same as the diabetic diet, and it's a great way to eat when you're pregnant) said I HAVE to eat before bed.  She said that not eating after dinner (esp. if you eat early like us -- 5:30'ish) isn't good for your body.  It's actually been helpful for me.  I used to get nauseated in the mornings (before being pregnant) and I don't now.  I think my body would freak out nightly from being deprived of food... and that's no good.  In happy news, I passed my 38 week 1 hour glucose, most likely from eating a small snack at night.

She did say that the key is keeping it small.  I really want to work on keeping my snack small, leaving less than 3 points to nibble on after dinner.

That's the problem with being a fatty, you HAVE to eat... and several times a day.  It's just a burden we bear. :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

I know you already like popcorn, but we found this "healthy pop, crispy white naturally flavored" kind that we've been diggin' lately. The box says it 1 point with weight watchers.

I'm like you....love me a snack at night. I don't have any health issues that require me to eat, so I try not to, but for me not eating (or maybe for you eating less) is more of a habit than anything else. If I go to bed on time I can usually get away without a snack. I'm in the habit of ice cream lately, though.....bad girl, I know!

Related Posts with Thumbnails