Monday, July 23, 2012

Carb Fast Day #1

Well, here I am as the day is dying down.  Somehow, through the graces of God -- my kids decided to play outside.  Thank you.  Thank you for the tender mercies.

Because, not only am I starting the carb fast, but it's the first day of marching band season and I took the kids to the library and we have two more weeks of summer.

I'm beat.

And kinda ornery.  Not too bad, except when everyone was talking about what dessert I was going to serve them after family home evening.  That wasn't particularly pretty. :)

Anyway, here's my food diary -- you can get in with the password "Losing" (capital L).

I started the day out with the NYC ballet workout.  Just a half an hour, but man that first half out KILLED my abs.  I need to make time to do the full workout, it's one of my favorites, but today wasn't that day.  I also went out and gardened for a half an hour.  Not my regular walk around and pull a few weeds.  I turned some compost (nothing more tasty then steaming compost when it's like 90 degrees outside -- today was a cool day), ripped out a tomato plant, all sorts of fun.  Anyway, between those two I was close to 400 calories from working out.

Myfitnesspal says that I should be eating 1200 calories PLUS what I burn working out.  We'll see how that works out.

I started out with a hard boiled egg and some avocado.  About 10 o'clock I had some grapes.  I felt kinda sick after the grapes.  I don't think I can do JUST fruit.  It's weird.  Does anyone feel like that?  I have weird blood sugar fluctuations so I'm thinking fruit may be out before lunch.  I just made a bowl of fruit salad and I feel fine now (but I did mix in some Greek yogurt).

I am currently just over 1400 calories eaten, it says I'm supposed to eat 117 more calories.  I'm not really hungry, but I made a lot of fruit salad, so it's an option.  BUT, I am going to try to stop eating 2 hours before bed.  So, that gives me about an hour to feel out my hungry-ness.

Thoughts on my carb fast?  Does it make you want to do one?  It sure doesn't do that to me! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails