Friday, September 17, 2010

Workout Du Jour: Denise Austin Burn Fat Fast

Burn Fat Fast - Cardio Dance & SculptWhat a week to decide to try one workout for all 3 sculpting days.  I-YI-YI, Denise took me through my paces on this one.

It's  52 minute work out, 2 minutes of her blathering on about how great you'll look afterwards, 5 minute warm up, 20 minutes of "cardio dance", 20 minutes of sculpting (and it's not like gentle scultping it's like BANGING YOU WTIH A CHISEL SCULPTING), and 5 minutes of stretching.

Ouch.

It's a toughie.

I should say, in general, me and Denise are bitter mortal enemies.  She's so peppy and perky, blonde and skinny.  I mostly hate everything about her.  BUT.  She does get you through the workout. Somehow her incessant need for you to smile kind of helps and I'm grateful for her telling me to pull my abs in.  For, I found them on the floor a couple of times. :)

I did it again today, it was my third day this week and I literally was sweating from every pore that is mine.  My wrists were wet, I could barely hold onto the weights, and my glasses coudn't stand a chance of staying on, but I was getting better.

The cardio part isn't anything special.  I enjoy the moves, I find it a little bit fun.  It's more fun to make fun of her "back up dancers" and how weird they are... but I digress.  It does get your heart rate up and you're pretty sweaty by the end.

Then comes the sculpting (btw, you can choose to just do cardio or just sculpting, but I'm trying to hit 45 minutes with my workouts right now so this was a good time frame for me).  O. M. G.  She works every part, she works it hard and then she adds legs. :)  I do like how she separates it though.  She'll start with just arms, and do a few reps and then just legs and then she combines them.  Some of the moves are a little bit harder then your average moves, but I made it through intact.  I think. :)

Anyway, I really like it.  It's on its way back to netflicks right now, but I think I may re-add it to my cue (to get in like a year because i have a TON of videos on my cue).  It looks like it's not too expensive, so if you're looking for an overall tough workout, this may be for you.  But, you don't have to take MY word for it. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails