Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Snack of the Day

It's summer and let's be honest, right now my favorite snacks are all the fresh fruits and vegetables! There are so many farmers markets around here, orchards, produce stands, etc., it's so great! Having a great local variety definitely helps me eat my recommended servings each day.

Currently some of my favorite fruit/veggie snacks are:

- Greek yogurt with blueberries

- Cucumber slices with a sprinkle of sea salt

- Roasted tomatoes and yellow squash

- Salads, salads, salads!

- Steamed carrots and broccoli

- Frozen red grapes, a great cool treat

- Pink lady apples, my favorite kind of apple

- Sauteed zucchini, steamed zucchini, roasted zucchini, I like zucchini

What are some of your favorite fruit/veggie snacks?

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I am on my 5 fruits/veggies/day thing.
And I have to say it's helping the weight.
If you truly eat 5 servings you don't have a lot of room for other stuff.
Thats's my snack. I love red bell peppers.
Yum.

Nicki said...

There are so many... I practically live on fruits and veggies!! The farmers market makes it even easier and better :) white nectarines (I just follow my nose to those, they smell delectable!) strawberries, fuji apples, heirloom tomatoes, red bell peppers... The list goes on. Yum. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails