Your kids are ALL over you, especially with their fancy popcicles and otter pops. Darn you otter pops, you kill me every time. Of course, I can't just have an otter pop, I need to one-up them, make them realize who's REALLY in charge as I lick an ice cream cone in front of them....
Anyway, needless to say I have gained, I have lost, I've pretty well stayed even. Honestly, I think I was starving my body the last few weeks. No breakfast, just running around like a chicken with no head, no time to listen to my body. It just wasn't good. Which, is a shame, because I was swimming like a fool.... or maybe just a fool. Either way, I could have lost some weight if I was willing to listen to my body and feed it the right things.
But, today my kids went to school. You can read my other blog sometime this afternoon. However, it's time for me to get back on the weight loss wagon. I never got on the turn into a tub wagon, but I wasn't being kind to my body, and I need to be kind to this body. I need it. :)
Which, sadly is never an otter pop. :)
So, won't you join me. Once you send off your little dears to school (I know some of you -- Lara -- it doesn't happen for a while), but make the promise now to make it happen. We can do this, and it's so much easier to do it together!
2 comments:
Thanks for this post Hilary!!! I can't wait for school to start here next week and really get back on the wagon with a good workout and healthy eating schedule/routine. Though, I don't think I'll be waking up at 5:30 to do it. Maybe 7:00. :)
Amen.
I thought I would do okay when we got back from vacation, but that didn't happen. Partly because we have no money to buy the right food right now (car trouble) and partly because it's my birthday tomorrow and I want to not feel bad about eating something bad.
But when school starts I will totally get on the wagon wholeheartedly.
Post a Comment