Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hello Wagon, I have Missed You.

Uh.  I think I am to a point where I can finally concentrate a little on me.  I feel like I've been in "emergency mode" for like the past 4 months.  But, that's over.  It's time to be a big girl.

I've been ignoring the weight apps on my phone.  I cringe when I see them, knowing I've gone up.  Sure, you all say it's understandable, we've had a big life change.  AND while I agree, I also think it's time to realize that I can't get fat because of it.  I've gotten fat over too many other life changes.  One of them is in my lap right now. :)

So, here's my 5 things I'm going to start doing.

1.  Eat out only once a week.  Restaurants are such a gamble and it's SO much cheaper to stay at home.  I need to make meal plans and stick to them.  Plus, it's really hot outside... might as well stay in. :)

2.  Post to my weight app at least every other day.  It's time to be serious about where the weight is.

3.  Listen to my body.  Am I full.  Then stop.  Shut up and stop.

4.  Work out.  I have to say that 117 degree heat doesn't scream for a person to work out, but it's time to get back into the workout game.  This will probably be the only week I do it for a while as I am starting the new job the next week, but this week is better then none.  Then, when school starts I'll jump back in again.  I am worried about how my work schedule is going to work and how much time I'll have for sleeping, etc.  Anyway...

5.  Only one ice cream cone a day.  I need to start making crystal light ice pops from scratch because this whole heat makes me want something cool in my mouth.  I'd pack my bra with ice cubes if it was socially acceptable.  I have found a deep love for ice cream cones, and it's not something I'm proud of (BUT the other benefit to an ice cream cone is that they really don't hold much ice cream... so I figure one a day is plenty for this formerly fat girl).

I do think that having more square footage helps me be more active, so that's a plus.  I've definitely been moving and grooving with all the unpacking.  I'm not sedentary.  but neither is my waistline....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails