Thursday, April 14, 2011

Preservatives don't Preserve Me

So, our family just got off a pretty awesome trip to Yosemite.  BUT, while I chose some balanced meals, we also allowed ourselves a little treat nightly from the little store at our hotel.  Aka, candy and chips. 

Yum.

But at night I'd eat my bag of hot tamales (I had a cold, and they were one of the only things I could even taste) I'd think, "blech -- is this how I used to feel all the time?"

Now, I have a confession.  Candy, usually, just isn't my thing.  Drew will give me a bag for Christmas and I can let it sit around forever til' I finally bribe my kids with it.  But, salty crunchy things are more my cup o' tea. 

But I had a fair amount of candy and some other stuff that isn't so good for you (all word of wisdom appropriate -- it's just that about 98.9% of what you find in tiny stores just ISN'T good for you).  And I told myself that was OK.  And it was.  I never let myself do it, I have been losing my mind a little more than usual lately and it was just nice to let myself go free and wild, pretty much eating whatever I wanted.

But, it's just a nice reminder that totally has consequences.  And that I need to eat a lot of fiber now. :)

Eating healthy makes you healthy.  It's just that simple.  Currently, I am crap. :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

I feel so sick the morning after eating sweets, chips and other junk at a party etc. It's almost nice to know that my body is used to eating healthy and is protesting! I'm like you, though....I like to allow myself wiggle room on vacation or at get togethers. Wish I had a little more self control around peanut butter/chocolate combos.......

Related Posts with Thumbnails