Monday, March 1, 2010

5 weeks with Weight Watchers

I had a rockin' weigh-in today at a 3 pound loss.  Normally, I think anything more than 2 pounds is excessive, but last week -- right before my weigh-in I had a GINORMOUS dinner (eating all of my extra points in one meal, it was delicious).  I bumped up from last week, so overall I'm still losing 1.6 pounds/week'ish. :)

Last week I only ate 11 of my extra 35 points.  We didn't go out to eat at all {boooo}, we had friends over on Saturday night.  We really need to do that more often, because while we still had a great dinner it was figure-friendly.

I actually went to a weight watchers meeting, so I wanted to share a few things I think about Weight Watchers now that I've seen both sides.

1.  The images.  OMG, those women -- they really strip to very little to do their weigh-ins.  Honestly, I think WW should kind of speak-out against it.  I mean, it's open to both sexs and obese women in sports bras and biker shorts just isn't my idea of a good time.  I weigh in each morning in my PJ's.  Yes, that might add a pound or two but I'm looking for overall loss.  Not just a low number.
2.  Costly.  I paid 57 (I think) dollars to be an online member for 3 months.  I went to the meeting and spent just under 40 to get the literature.  I'm really glad that I did.  I can calculate my own points better now and I don't want to be an online member forever.  I am going with my friend to one more meeting on Saturday which will add another 13.  Total cost for just my 3 months will be over 100 dollars but if the weight keeps coming off, I'm fine with the money spent.  It's well worth a few hours at work.  I did keep thinking I could do it on my own, but my life is super busy right now, and I can't realy concentrate on food too well once my kdis are home and in the evenings.  It really helps me portion control.
3.  Points.  I'm fine with my 29 points/day.  I usually have about 10-12 during the day and splurge a bit on dinner.  I save almost all of my points for a weekend evening at a restaurant.  I prefer to have one meal that I don't really have to "count".  I figure if I have like 55 points saved up and I've been eating well all week I won't over-do it.  Frankly, I might -- but I like that freedom.

Anyway, that's what is on my mind as of late about the WW.  I'm obviously quite happy with the results.  I just keep to keep up my good work!  I've done a lot of lowfat recipes lately, I'm gonna post some of the ones our family really enjoyed on my blog sometime today.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yay for finding something that works for you!! Keep it up! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails