Thursday, August 4, 2011

Weekly Weigh-In and Other Measurements

I haven't posted in a while so I thought it was time for a quick update. I took a bit of a "vacation" this summer, that is, a vacation mentality towards Weight Watchers. Then I literally went on vacation these past 3-4 weeks. It was not pretty folks.

But now...I'm back!!! I'm motivated and I'm ready to buckle down and really get this thing done. Step number one was to buy a scale for my bathroom since I am no longer attending WW meetings and can't use theirs.

The big weigh in after a month of: I lost 3 pounds! Yes, it was over a month so it's not that great, but I was definitely not counting points and it's nice to know that I'm learning to change habits, not just follow a diet.

So YTD total: I'm down 15.5 lbs!

I am running a 5k with my trainer the last weekend of September, so 8 weeks away from last Saturday. I made it my goal to lose an additional 20 lbs. by the day of the race. I am kicking it into high gear over here! I will keep you update with a weekly weigh-in and I'd love feedback and motivation through comments!

Suggestion of the day: Use a food scale!!!! I haven't been using one all year, just going by the serving size on the back of packages or guesstimating. If you want to see results you NEED a food scale. Today I ate some blue corn chips for a snack. It said 1 oz. or approximately 14 chips for a serving. I used my brand new food scale and got maybe 10 chips at 1 oz. I've been over eating and over guesstimating everything!!! Get yourself a food scale people. (FYI: The one pictured is not the one I bought).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love that you aren't giving up entirely, and if you can't take a vacation every once in a while then what's the point in living?! if i can't make my lifestyle livable then i need to change either my lifestyle or my attitude. that's one lesson that was tough to realize. yay for you to having a goal and pumping hard toward it! thanks for the update also.. i love reading up on you!

HippoMom said...

That's terrific Mary! You CAN DO THIS! :) Good luck with your training!

Hilary said...

I always get back into gear in the fall, it's like the new year for moms. :)

Nicki said...

Good job hanging on!! :) you totally rock, Mary!

Related Posts with Thumbnails