Thursday, October 28, 2010

What I don't like About Weight Watchers

I guess it's calorie counting in general -- and that's the fact that complete trash often has very little calories.

I hate how they're always promoting those muffin top things that have like 100 calories and 59 grams of fiber and no carbs.  I mean, seriously -- can that be good for you?

I heard that WW is changing the program around a bit in the next month or so.  I think I saw it in my WW magazine, I wonder what the change will be -- and if it will have anything to do with this.

I mean, I may be in the minority, but I don't mind a little corn syrup if it's listed instead of some insane man-made sugar that doesn't have calories and will make you float on air.

I think it was a big part of my stall over the summer.  I was eating this super low in calorie yogurt, but it was hurting my body somehow.  How annoying.

Anyway, it's my one beef with WW.  After reading Dr. Oz's book I think I'm just eating all around better and really thinking about how I fuel my body.  That isn't to say that I don't have a few times where I just throw caution to the wind and enjoy myself.

Because as long as it's not my norm, I feel like that's OK.

So, what about you?  Is it all health food all the time?  Do you down diet soda?  How do you find your happy place?

1 comment:

SmallerMEHCG said...

I have read (somewhere) that one of the main reasons America has so many obese people is that we are focused on FAT and not on nutrition. Just because something is fat free does not mean it is not loaded with sugars to make up for taste. I have been eating a full fat diet, and maintaining my weight perfectly.
I watch calorie intake but stear clear of ADDED Fiber foods. and eat REAL fiber foods without added sugars. you know the stuff you buy along the OUTSIDE edges of your grocery.
Best of luck with your Healthy eating journey!

Related Posts with Thumbnails