Thursday, July 29, 2010

Workout Du Jour: Netflix Style

We've gotten Netflix, at least for the summer, and I'm thinking it has won a place in our hearts. 

But, this isn't a post about Netflix, it's a post about workout videos...

BUT, you can both stream workout videos to your wii (or watch them on your computer) or you can put them in your queue.  I was really excited that they have a lot of The Firm videos, as I usually like them, but wasn't wanting to pony up for a ton of money to buy a new set.

10 Minute Solution - Target Toning for BeginnersToday I did a Ten Minute Solution Toning Video.  It streamed to my wii for free.  I also added a ton to my line-up so that I will alternate between a real movie, and a workout video.  Feel the joy.

So, back to the workout du jour, I enjoyed it.  It has absolutely no cardio in with it though, which is something I'm not really used to.  I think this video would be great t do after a brisk walk, so you'd get in some cardio and some toning.  Luckily, I just swapped out the toys for the kids, so my cardio was gotten today too. :)  You can choose between 5, 10 minute segments:
  • Abs
  • Glutes
  • Legs/Thighs
  • Ams/Shoulders
  • Power Stretch
I wanted to do 30 minutes today, so I did the abs, arms and the power stretch.  The abs was a great routine ab workout.  planks, crunches, all that jazz.  The arms was also good.  I'm proud to say that I did it with all 5 pound weights, which would have been just a fantasy a year a go.  I was excited for the power stretch, but sadly it was just your basic streching, I wish there was a bit more yoga included.

All in all on Netflix I think I'd give it 3 stars.  I think for what it does, it does it great, if you wanted to do some cardio and then rotate through parts of the body this would be a GREAT workout for you.  As far as an all around fitness program.  Nope.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails